|Butter and flour for the muffin cups (or paper liners)|
|8 tablespoons||unsalted butter, melted and cooled|
|3/4 cup||crème fraîche, homemade (recipe follows) or store-bought|
|2 cups||all-purpose flour|
|1-1/2 teaspoons||baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon||baking soda|
|1 cup||granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup||SCHARFFEN BERGER 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate Chunks|
|1 quart||heavy cream|
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and crème fraîche.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Add the butter-egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
4. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffins spring back slightly when pressed in the center.
5. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
6. The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for 1 day. After that they begin to dry out and toughen.
1. Stir together the cream and buttermilk in a medium bowl or storage container. Leave at room temperature, uncovered, overnight, to thicken.
2. Stir the thickened crème fraîche, cover, and refrigerate.
3. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
This Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Loaf is absolutely perfect for fall! Moist chocolate and pumpkin loaf cake batter swirled together then topped with a delicious ganache. Pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon spices really help take this loaf cake over the top.