|1/2 cup||blanched almonds|
|1/2 cup||rolled oats|
|1||large egg, lightly beaten|
|1 teaspoon||vanilla extract|
|1/2 teaspoon||ground cinnamon|
|4 ounces||SCHARFFEN BERGER 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, place the almonds and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the rolled oats. Continue pulsing until finely chopped, but not ground as finely as a powder.
3. Melt the butter. Let it cool slightly.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, egg, almond mixture, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
5. Drop the batter by teaspoon onto baking sheets. Leave two inches between cookies.
6. Bake until brown, approximately 8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl placed over simmering water.
8. When the cookies are cooled, gently remove them from the Silpat or parchment and flip so the smooth side is facing up. With a spatula, gently spread each cookie with some melted chocolate. Sandwich the cookies together and let stand to set the chocolate.
9. Finished cookies can be stored between sheets of waxed paper or foil in an airtight container for up to a week.