We are temporarily pausing sales as we upgrade our e-commerce experience.
We will be fulfilling orders for all items again during the first week of June and thank you for your patience.
|9.75 ounces||SCHARFFEN BERGER 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate|
|7 ounces (two sticks minus 2 tablespoons)||butter|
|Whipped cream (optional)|
1. Position the oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter the pan and line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.
2. Set a large bowl over a pan of simmering water to create a double boiler. Cut the butter and chocolate into small pieces and put them in the bowl to melt, whisking occasionally.
3. Whisk together the eggs and sugar in another bowl. Thoroughly whisk in the melted chocolate.
4. Pour the chocolate batter into the cake pan and cover tightly with foil. Place the covered cake pan in a larger baking pan and pour in warm water to reach halfway up the sides of the cake pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the cake appears to have set and when you touch the center, your finger comes away clean.
5. Remove the cake from the water bath and cool completely before serving, plain or with gently whipped cream. This cake can be refrigerated for several days.
A delicious Speckled Cake with the smoothest chocolate ganache buttercream by Candice Ward from @eatmorecakebycandice