|2 - 1/2 ounces||SCHARFFEN BERGER 41% Cacao Milk Chocolate coarsely chopped|
|1/4 cup||creamy peanut butter plus 2 tablespoons at room temperature|
|3/4 cup||whole milk|
|1 cup||heavy cream|
|• Cocoa powder or chopped peanuts for garnish|
1. Cut a 9 by 21-inch piece of parchment paper and line a 9 by 13 by 1- or 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking pan with the parchment, allowing it to extend evenly over the two short ends.
1. Combine the chocolate and peanut butter in the top of a double boiler set over gently simmering water, and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the cookies, coating all the pieces with the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Set aside.
1. Place the chocolate in the bowl of a stand mixer and set it over a pot of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
2. Remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Fit the mixer with the whisk attachment, set the bowl on the mixer, and whisk to combine.
3. In a small saucepan, bring the milk and salt to a boil. Add half of the milk into the peanut butter mixture, and whisk until incorporated, then whisk in the remaining milk. Increase the speed to high and whip for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is creamy and cooled to room temperature.
4. In a clean bowl, whip the cream just until soft mounds form; do not overwhip.
5. Fold the cream into the peanut butter mixture. Spread it over the crunchy layer in the pan.
6. Cover the pan and freeze until set, at least 4 hours.
7. To serve, run a knife along the long sides of the dessert and lift it out of the pan using the parchment "handles."
8. Cut into slices or other desired shapes. Dust with cocoa or sprinkle with chopped peanuts, place on serving plates, and let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften slightly.
This Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Loaf is absolutely perfect for fall! Moist chocolate and pumpkin loaf cake batter swirled together then topped with a delicious ganache. Pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon spices really help take this loaf cake over the top.