|8 ounces||SCHARFFEN BERGER 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate|
|1 cup plus 1 tablespoon||all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons||SCHARFFEN BERGER Natural Cocoa Powder|
|2 teaspoons||baking powder|
|1/2 cup||unsalted butter at room temperature|
|1 cup plus 2 tablespoons||sugar|
|1 teaspoon||vanilla extract|
|1/3 cup||whole milk|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a stainless steel bowl set over simmering water. Be sure that the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. When the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat.
3. Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Set aside. Using a standard mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until creamy. Slowly add the sugar and mix until the mixture is completely smooth and soft. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Beat in the salt and the vanilla, and then add the melted chocolate and beat on low speed until incorporated. Add the milk and beat until combined. Finally, add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until incorporated.
5. Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 1 inch apart. Bake the cookies until they are just barely firm on top when lightly touched but are still very soft underneath, about 7 minutes. They will get firmer as they cool.
6. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool. They will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for several days.
This Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Loaf is absolutely perfect for fall! Moist chocolate and pumpkin loaf cake batter swirled together then topped with a delicious ganache. Pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon spices really help take this loaf cake over the top.