|1 cup||all-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon||granulated sugar|
|3 cups||whole milk|
|1 tablespoon||unsalted butter, melted plus more for the pans and foil|
|One 18-ounce jar apricot jam|
|4 ounces||finely ground SCHARFFEN BERGER 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate|
|1/2 cup||ground pecans|
|1/4 cup||granulated sugar|
|1 cup||Simple Chocolate Sauce|
1. Place the eggs in a large bowl, add about one-third of the flour, and whisk to combine. Whisk in the remaining flour, the sugar, and salt. Carefully whisk in about one-quarter of the milk (it will tend to splatter), then gradually whisk in the remaining milk. Whisk in 1 tablespoon butter. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
1. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Brush on a coating of butter and let it sizzle. Lift the pan from the heat and ladle in 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of the batter. Shake and rotate the pan to spread the batter in an even layer. Return the skillet to the heat. Fill in any holes in the crepe with a bit more batter. Cook the crepe for about 1 minute, or until the bottom is set and golden brown. Lift an edge of the crepe with a heatproof spatula and quickly flip the crepe. (If you do this with your hands, be careful not to burn yourself.) Cook the second side for about 5 seconds to set and lightly brown. Slide the crepe onto a plate, and cook the remaining crepes, stacking them on the plate. Use immediately or, to freeze the crepes, place a piece of waxed paper between each crepe, then wrap the stack tightly in plastic wrap.
1. Remove the lid from the jar of jam, place the jar in the microwave, and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and continue to heat until the jam is melted or heat the jam in a saucepan over medium heat until softened. Strain the jam into a small bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9- or l0-inch pie plate or deep ovenproof serving dish. Tear off a piece of aluminum foil large enough to cover the dish and butter it on one side.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the chocolate, pecans and sugar. Place a crepe in the center of the pie plate. Spread a scant tablespoon of jam over the crepe and sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture. Top with another crepe and continue to stack and fill the crepes until all of them are used, leaving the top one plain. (At this point, the torte can be wrapped tightly and refrigerated for 1 day or frozen for up to 1 month. Defrost before baking.)
4. Cover the torte with the aluminum foil (buttered side down) and place in the oven. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated throughout. The filling will bubble around the edges. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Cut into wedges and serve with the chocolate sauce.