|1 to 3 cups||coconut|
|milk chocolate or dark chocolate|
|Nuts or dried fruit raisins, diced apricots, cherries, or mangoes (optional)|
1. This easy combination of coconut and chocolate looks decadent but can be made in just minutes. This treat is fun to put together with kids and a nice addition when you’re filling gift tins for holiday gifts. We prefer unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut but sweetened works as well.
2. To toast coconut, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spread 1 to 3 cups of coconut on an ungreased baking sheet.
2. After 2 to 3 minutes, toss the coconut with a spatula or tongs. Toast another minute or two until coconut is a light golden brown.
3. Coconut toasts very quickly, so remove the baking sheet from the oven as soon as you see the flakes begin to color.
4. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. Melt either milk or dark chocolate. Place the toasted coconut in a small bowl. If you like, you can add nuts or dried fruit to the coconut—raisins, diced apricots, cherries, or even mangoes—or keep the mixture simple coconut and chocolate.
4. Drizzle melted chocolate over the coconut, tossing with a spoon. Stop adding chocolate as soon as there’s enough to coat the coconut.
5. Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until set.