|1-1/4 cups||all-purpose flour|
|1/2 teaspoon||baking soda|
|10 tablespoons||unsalted butter, melted|
|1/2 cup||quick-cooking oats|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar|
|1/4 cup||lightly packed dark brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon||light corn syrup|
|2 tablespoons||whole milk|
|6 to 7 ounces||SCHARFFEN BERGER 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped into small chunks|
1. In a bowl, stir together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and oats. Whisk in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, milk, and salt. Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated. If the dough is warm from the butter, wait until it cools before stirring in the chocolate chunks.
3. Divide the dough into 15 equal pieces; arrange 5 cookies on each baking sheet, 1 in each corner and 1 in the center, leaving equal space between the cookies and the sides of the pan. The cookies will spread considerably. Pressing with a piece of plastic wrap, flatten each one to a diameter of 3 1/2 inches.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cookies are well browned and not at all shiny in the center, rotating the pans halfway through baking. Slide the cookies, on the foil, onto racks and let cool completely before removing them from the foil. Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough, making sure the baking sheet is cool.
5. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Two 12 x 16 or 11 x 17-inch baking sheets
- Position the racks in the lower and upper thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 350degrees F. Line the baking sheets with aluminum foil.