Gluten Free Chocolate Mousse
The French answer to chocolate pudding is undoubtedly chocolate mousse. This one is incredibly fluffy, and made extra rich with egg yolks, cream and of course SCHARFFEN BERGER chocolate.
|8 oz.||SCHARFFEN BERGER 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped||1/2 cup||water, divided||2 tablespoons||butter||3 large||egg yolks||2 tablespoons||granulated sugar||1-1/4 cups||heavy cream, softly whipped|
1. In a microwave or double boiler, heat chocolate, 1/4 cup of the water, and butter until the chocolate and butter are melted. Cool for 10 minutes.
2. In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar, and remaining water. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate mixture. Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes.
5. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.