Rich Mocha Tofu Mousse
Coffee and chocolate come together in this richly mocha flavored vegan tofu mousse created by cookbook author Linda Hillel.
|2 packages||extra firm silken tofu (such as shelf-stable Mori-Nu brand) (each 12.3-ounces)||4 ounces||SCHARFFEN BERGER 70% Cacao Bittersweet or SCHARFFEN BERGER 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate coarsely chopped||1/2 cup||SCHARFFEN BERGER Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||3 tablespoons||instant espresso or coffee powder||3/4 cup||good-quality maple syrup||1 teaspoon||vanilla||1 to 2 tablespoons||coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)|
- Food processor or blender
1. Drain the tofu in a colander for about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, chop the chocolate coarsely and melt it in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water.
3. Place the tofu in a food processor or blender. Process until creamy, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl once or twice.
4. Stir in the cocoa and espresso powder. Process until well blended, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add the syrup, vanilla, melted chocolate, and optional liqueur. Process until smooth.
5. Transfer the mousse to individual dishes or to a large bowl. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Mousse keeps up to one week in the refrigerator.
6. To serve: Garnish with chocolate shavings, SCHARFFEN BERGER Cacao Nibs, and/or a crisp cookie or biscotto.