Bailey's Milk Chocolate Truffles
The flavor of Irish Cream Liqueur together with rich, milk chocolate. The amount of liqueur in these creamy truffles can be adjusted to taste.
- 1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 9 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 41% Cacao Extra Rich Milk Chocolate finely chopped
- 3/4 cup SCHARFFEN BERGER Roasted Cacao Nibs crushed with a rolling pin
1. In a small saucepan, combine the Bailey’s and cream and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate, and let stand for 1 minute.
2. Stir until all of the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Pour into a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until the ganache is firm enough to roll.
3. Place the nibs in a shallow bowl. Set out a serving platter or storage container.
4. Scoop out about 1 teaspoon of the ganache, roll it into a ball between your palms, roll it in the nibs, and place on the platter or in the storage container. Repeat with the remaining chocolate. If the ganache becomes too soft to work with, cover and return to the refrigerator for a few minutes. .
5. The truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months. Allow the truffles to come to room temperature before serving .