Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
This ice cream is all about the fresh taste of milk, cream, and chocolate. But if that’s not enough, replace some of the chunks with toasted nuts.
- 1 - 1/2 cups milk
- 1 - 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup SCHARFFEN BERGER 62% Cacao Semisweet or 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chunks
- 3 to 4 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 41% Cacao Milk Chocolate
- Ice cream maker
1. Mix milk, cream, and sugar together in the saucepan. Heat over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Do not boil the mixture.
2. Refrigerate for several hours or until the mixture is thoroughly chilled.
3. Place the mixture in an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
4. When the ice cream begins to thicken, add one or two chocolate chunks as a test. If they remain suspended in the mixture, add the remainder and continue freezing until the process is completed.