Chocolate Fudge Sauce
A perfectly thick, perfectly rich fudge sauce for delicious hot fudge sundaes or dipping fruit, cakes and—our favorite—salty pretzels.
- 9.7 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 99% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate (1 baking bar)
- 6 tablespoons sweet butter
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 - 1/8 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Instant read thermometer
1. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Turn off the burner and stir in the boiling water. Add salt. Then stir in the sugar and corn syrup until blended.
2. Stir in the cream. Scrape down the sides of the pot and make sure everything is well combined.
3. Continuing to keep the pan in the double boiler, cook over medium heat, for 10 minutes without stirring, to a temperature of 150-160 degrees F.
4. Cool the sauce and store it in the refrigerator. To reheat, microwave on low, or set the bowl directly in a pan of barely simmering water.