SCHARFFEN BERGER Chocolate Lace Cookies
These thin, elegant cookies are easy to make but take patience as they are fragile. It’s well worth taking your time – 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate forward, made luscious with pure butter and vanilla. They practically melt in your mouth.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon nnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, place the almonds and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the rolled oats. Continue pulsing until finely chopped, but not ground as finely as a powder.
3. Melt the butter. Let it cool slightly.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, egg, almond mixture, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
5. Drop the batter by teaspoon onto baking sheets. Leave two inches between cookies.
6. Bake until brown, approximately 8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl placed over simmering water.
8. When the cookies are cooled, gently remove them from the Silpat or parchment and flip so the smooth side is facing up. With a spatula, gently spread each cookie with some melted chocolate. Sandwich the cookies together and let stand to set the chocolate.
9. Finished cookies can be stored between sheets of waxed paper or foil in an airtight container for up to a week.