The French answer to chocolate pudding is undoubtedly chocolate mousse. This one is incredibly fluffy, and made extra rich with egg yolks, cream and of course SCHARFFEN BERGER chocolate.
- 8 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 - 1/4 cups heavy cream softly whipped
1. In a microwave or double boiler, heat chocolate, 1/4 cup of the water, and butter until the chocolate and butter are melted.
2. Cool for 10 minutes.
3. In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar, and remaining water. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate mixture. Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, about 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes.
6. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.