John Scharffenberger's mom made this thick, creamy pudding a family favorite. Super easy to make, it’ll quickly become your family’s favorite, too.
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate shaved or chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt in the top of a double boiler.
2. Slowly stir in milk and chocolate.
2. Place over boiling water and stir constantly until thick and smooth.
3. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla.
4. Refrigerate until chilled.