Deep Chocolate Glaze or Ganache
This rich glaze is amazingly versatile and features SCHARFFEN BERGER’s complex flavor profile. Pour it over ice cream or a poached pear, glaze or frost a cake, even use it to make truffles.
- 8 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter
1. Heat the chocolate, cream, and butter in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water. Stir gently until the mixture is completely melted and smooth.
2. Use lukewarm as a pourable glaze or let stand until thick enough to spread like frosting.
3. If using as ganache, chill in refrigerator to desired consistency.
4. To soften, set the bowl in a pan of barely simmering water. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.