Judith Ets-Hokin’s Chocolate Fondue
This luxuriously smooth fondue from author and Home Chef Cookware Stores founder Judith Ets-Hokins is perfect for dipping.
- 4 ounces SCHARFFEN BERGER 70% Cacao Bittersweet or 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, espresso, brandy, orange oil, fruit syrup, or liqueur
- awberries and other fruits, biscotti, and other small pieces of cake and butter cookies (for dipping)
1. In a small fondue pot, combine the chocolate, crème frâiche, butter and flavoring. Place over the fondue burner using either a votive candle or low sterno heat and allow the chocolate to melt. Stir until fondue is smooth.
2. To serve, keep warm while guests dip fruit, cookies, or pieces of cake in the fondue.
3. Your chocolate fondue keeps up to a week in the refrigerator. Reheat over very low heat before serving.