The flavors of olive oil and olives blend seamlessly with the flavor of roasted cacao nibs and brings out the nutty savory qualities of each.
- 1/3 cup SCHARFFEN BERGER Roasted Cacao Nibs
- 1/3 cup tra virgin olive oil
- 12 to 15 Nicoise olives rinsed, patted dry and pitted
- Salt to taste
- A few fresh basil leaves optional to taste
- Espellette pepper or chili powder or hot paprika to taste (optional)
To Make the Pesto
I1. n a mini food processor or mortar, grind the nibs with about half of the olive oil; add olives and basil leaves if desired until the mixture resembles a gritty paste. Mix in the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper or chili (if using) to taste.
To Make Crostini
1. Grill or toast slices French bread until crisp and golden. Spread the toasts with Nibby Pesto. Serve warm if possible.
1. Top Nibby Pesto Crostini each with a thin slice of prosciutto, or shaving of aged Parmesan or Asiago cheese, or a basil leaf or torn basil, parsley and/or toasted pine nuts.