Roasted Squash with Nib Vinaigrette
Salty pancetta (or prosciutto) and crunchy cacao nibs brings out the depth and sweetness of roasted squash, making it taste almost creamy.
- 4 pounds butternut squash peeled, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons SCHARFFEN BERGER Roasted Cacao Nibs coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
1. Position the racks in the lower and upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 450degrees F. Line the baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
2. Trim the ends of the squash and cut off the neck portions from the bulbs. Place the 4 pieces of squash cut side down on a board, and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Lay the slices on the prepared baking sheets and roast for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and soft. Rotate the baking sheets halfway through cooking.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette and cook the pancetta.
To Make the Vinaigrette
1. Combine the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil, the vinegar, nibs, and shallot in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.