Trinidad Cocoa Tea
A SCHARFFEN BERGER play on the traditional Trinidad Cocoa Tea, we use finely chopped 82% Cacao Extra Dark Chocolate rather than grated dried sticks of Trinidad cocoa beans. Like the traditional recipe, we combine cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla and milk or heavy cream – a flavor combination that will take you back to the islands!
- 2 (3-ounce) bars SCHARFFEN BERGER 82% Cacao Extra Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa mix
- Whole milk and heavy cream to taste drop of vanilla extract
1. Combine the ingredients for the chocolate mix and store in a glass jar with a tight lid. To make individual servings of cocoa tea, boil 1 cup of water and add 2 tablespoons of the cocoa mix. Stir well and bring to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat. Add milk and heavy cream to taste.